Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Hey pretty.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yesterday while I was milking my morning sickness for all its worth, the husband took the daughter to the park a few houses down. While I was enjoying watching "Can't Buy Me Love" in peace and quiet, I started feeling lonely. They'd be home any minute, right? ...aaaany minute. Finally, I peeked through the blinds to spy on the fam, and there was Christopher, running full speed towards the house. ...Where's Eleanore?! So I jump up, practically naked (hey, its hot here alright? you do it too.), wrap a baby blanket around myself, and meet him at the door. "Whats wrong, whats happened?!". He has a smile on his face, so it can't be that bad. He tells me that Eleanore has found a mud puddle, and he needs to get the camera. While I'm moody, and angry that hes down there having fun with her while I'm feeling lonely by myself in the house, I decide to put my dress back on, and walk down there because this is something that I knew I would regret missing. This I decided, after I had slammed the door on him for a stupid reason. So I march my sore, rapidly growing body across our community front yard, grumbling to myself for one reason or another. My hormonal anonymous anger was swept away as soon as I saw my wittle oink oink rolling down in the mud like a cute wittle baby piggy. <--- yes, that was me baby talking, it happens, haha. Christopher had taken a few pictures, before handing me the camera and saying "here, you're better at this than I am". I can't believe he said that. See ever since I met Christopher, hes been taking pictures. He seemed to have fancy cameras and know quite a bit about photography. I've always liked taking pictures, but never had the nice equipment or knowledge of anything more than pointing and shooting. The first time I saw Christopher's developed pictures, I raised my eyebrow and crinkled up my nose. ...They really weren't that good? Finally one day I had to bring it up. "Babe, maybe photography isn't your thing". Uh oh. Big fight, get ready for it. I really didn't want to fight, I was just trying to... I don't know, ya know? Anyways, it turned out that I was a much better photographer, and picked it up right away. If you can imagine, this made imaginary steam shoot out of Christopher's ears. And it made me feel guilty. We decided to buy a digital camera right before Eleanore was born, which for us was a huge deal, since just a few months prior we couldn't even afford more than a days worth of food. Wait, whats my point again? ...Dangit, pregnancy makes me crazy I swear. Oh yes, so, if I wouldn't have met Christopher, then I wouldn't have had Eleanore, and I wouldn't have bought this crappy camera, and I wouldn't have started taking pictures, and I wouldn't be pregnant again, and I wouldn't have been moody last night, and I wouldn't have gone out and taken my new most favorite picture of all time. *Thanks for dealing with my hormones hon*.

12 comments:

Unknown June 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

haha that is too cute! I have to say I fancied a good mud puddle when I was little too ;)

Elizabeth June 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

That first picture is priceless! So much fun to play in the mud when you're little-when you get older all you can think of is the clean up part of it.

Diana June 7, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Sister, do I hear ya. Hear ya and emulate ya. Jee-zum crow, it's gonna be a long pregnancy.

Love the pictures, and love that little beauty. You really captured something special there.

xox

Oh Mandie June 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Looks like she found a fun way to keep cool! - and really, who can resist a good mud pie??

BeckyKay June 9, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Awww! Those are just the most precious pictures ever! Love that first one. She has such a sweet little face!

Art Kitten June 9, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Super cute! I was always trying to get Maya interested in getting Dirty, but she would have nothing to do with it :(

Rosebud Collection June 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

She is so beautiful..I love the pictures..It is hard when you are pregnant..No body could look at me, I would cry..You have to know me, I am not a crier. I was always sobbing..

littlebird June 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

great pictures, nothing quite like a mud puddle!

Kathy-Catnip Studio June 11, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

Absolutely worth it! I didn't have children, and it is always so wonderful to vicariously enjoy parenthood through others.

jessicajane June 12, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

you always tell the most detailed, well written stories. Id read a book if you wrote one. The mud puddle pictures are tooo cute!

Bubbles June 14, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Fantastic photo's and I'm glad you went down to capture the moment as its one you'll never forget :)

Born 2 Bee Wild June 25, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

Those are the sweetest photo's EVER!

Post a Comment