Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Stubborn baby.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

So we went into the doctors office today, for our mid pregnancy ultrasound. Chubby cheeks... check. Spine... check. Arms and legs... double check. Sex of the baby... hey, where are the goods? Gah, I've been telling baby all week that today was the big day! Over and over again, I ask "are you a baby brudder, or a baby seester??". I thought I was pretty clear about everything, but, apparently baby isn't controlled by finger pokes and high pitched voices like I originally thought. Instead, baby was breech, and not spreadin' those legs for anything. At first I was extremely disappointed, almost to the point of flooding hormonal tears. I've been waiting on this day for months. After today, I'd finally be able to decorate the bedroom, something I never got to do with Eleanore. I'd be able to start picking out clothes, making blankets, doing all of those "I'm going to be a mom and I'm excited!!" things that I've been anxiously awaiting. I had 2 bedroom themes all picked out and ready to go. We've got a mountain of baby girl clothes boxed up in the garage that were either going to come out to play, or stay tucked away until the next pregnancy. So now what? We'll have another ultrasound in 10 weeks, but... if we're going to wait that long, I say we just wait it out until baby finally makes his or her big appearance. So that's what we're going to do. We're going to wait!!


Now... how do I tell everyone how much I loath solid yellows and greens?

8 comments:

Anonymous,  August 21, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

Oh my, I could never wait to find out. The anticipation must be driving you nuts!! My girls were both little hussies with their bottoms up in the air and their legs spread-eagled. I have some pretty funny (embarrassing for them and their future boyfriends, of course( ultra-sound pictures!!

Tia Colleen August 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Its killing me! But I figure if we've gone that far without knowing, why not go the entire way, ya know?! I bet the feeling in the delivery room is unbelievable.

Ashley Newell August 21, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Crazy kid! Show your momma your goods! I would be SOOO sad if we didn't know the gender at 20 weeks, it was TORTURE to wait that long.

Johanna August 21, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

What a stubborn baby! That happened to friends of mine too. They had her get up and hop up and down... nothing, so they decided the same thing. They decided to wait until the birth.

...only 20 weeks to go!

Ms. Jessie August 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

okay I am making a note in my head. no solid yellow or green. There are so many better colors for babys anyways. I have a wicked idea for some things. whatever the baby is gender wise it will be healthy.

BeckyKay August 25, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Oh, bummer! I've been looking forward to finding out!

The Bookish Life August 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

ack! the waiting is brutal. i am severely impatient and have no desire to be surprised when it comes to the sex of my babies, ha!

Tia Colleen August 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

I really didn't want to wait either :( But... well might as well. It'll be really exciting to be laying there on the awful operating table, and then finally hear its a ___! It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure. Although, I would have much rather found out already, haha.

Post a Comment