Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Halloween to remember.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

This is Eleanore's first real Halloween. Really, its her third, but the first two were spent either with a bottle in her mouth, or stumbling around learning how to walk in a zebra costume. She's finally at the age where shes beginning to understand things, and gets excited about them. For the past couple of weeks we've been talking up Halloween. Reading her books, carving pumpkins, scouting out costumes, treating her to white fluffy marshmallow ghosts and ooey gooey chocolate pumpkins. And the big thing that we got her ranting and raving about, was "Boo at the Zoo". For the past 2 days its how we've bribed her into naps, gotten her to put her toys away, and magically gotten those peas on her plate to vanish. "If you're not a good girl, then we can't go to Boo at the Zoo". And, it worked.

Last night was her night. She originally wanted to be a kitty cat, but changed her mind at the last minute and went as a bumblebee (remind me to return the previously mentioned cat costume). Oh the cuteness! We lucked out and found a parking spot only 5 miles away from the entrance, stood in line for only 15 minutes, and then hit diamond mines of candy that none of us could have. Along with Eleanore's gluten intolerance, is a citric acid intolerance. So anything fruity was out of the question. If we saw a candy stand passing out Starburst or Smarties, we'd just pass right by it. She didn't know the difference. But if there was a Tootsie Roll stand, watch out, cause here we come!

She said "trick or treat" just like we taught her, always followed by a "thank you", even if it wasn't directed at the right person. All of the animals were out and active, more so than any other time we'd been there. She called the Buffalo "Elephants!", and dripped chocolate slobber down her chin and onto her costume. Aside from having to holler at Christopher to hold her hand a million and three times, and a falling incident involving a missed step and some mud, her first Halloween experience was seemingly perfect. By the 31st my little Bumblebee will be a pro...

20 comments:

Anonymous,  October 19, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Ooh! How cute! I've always wanted to be a bumblebee for halloween, but have yet to. she is adorable! And, in my hometown neighborhood, the mall would always invite kids to come around and get candy - but the ONLY thing they handed out were Tootsie rolls (which I don't like) but you guys could have a ball there! :P

Thanks for sharing!

-Robin Lynne
www.robinlynne.org

LeaKarts October 19, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

What a perfect little bumblebee! I can't wait for Halloween.

missknits October 19, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

awww what a precious bumble bee she makes too! sounds like you all had a wonderful time!!

Rosebud Collection October 19, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

How adorable..Gosh, I felt a pain in my heart..I still decorate for Halloween, even though all my girls are married..I always figure when the grandchildren visit..it is fun..no one lives that close to us..every night I turn the lights on for hubby/me..What the heck..we enjoy them..

Piggy October 19, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

What a CUTE BEE!! She is lovely :) Hope you guys had a great time!

UniqueNurseGranny October 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Darling with such a cute costume.Know she will look forward to a re enactment.

Oh Mandie October 19, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

What a sweet lil bumble bee!

Hoping you guys get nothing but tootsie rolls on the 31st :-)

jessicajane October 19, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

that last photo is adorable..

Megan October 19, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

what a doll! she is too cute. I can't wait for Halloween here on base because for the first time in my life, I'll have trick or treaters! A drawback to living in the boonedocks: no one trick or treats at your house, lol.

Andrea October 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Oh my gosh - she is an absolutely adorable bumblebee. What a love!

Ravenswick October 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

She is adorable--how fun her first "real" Halloween! We have a "Zoo Boo" here too, I have always loved it.

Angela October 19, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

this last pic is just so sweet!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

such a sweet little bee!!  I love Halloween!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama October 19, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

This is so cute! I love the name Eleanore! That is so sweet!
Also, I've tagged you. Please check it out. I love to read your blog!

http://paperladyinvites.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag-im-it.html

-chelsey

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Too adorable!! You know, the funny thing was I recognized Eleanore first when I saw her sitting on that hay bale. I didn't even notice her bee costume, but thought, "Hey I've seen that little girl's face before!" Then you said her name and I was like, "Oh, its Tia!"

Your daughter is an Etsylebrity baby!

Xan October 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Oh what a cute little trick or treater! Autumn is going to be a bumblebee too!

BeckyKay October 20, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Awwwwww! She looks so sweet!!

Anonymous,  October 24, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

Nice post.. She is looking fabulous in her last Photo

Post a Comment