Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Not yet Charlie!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Would you guys believe that Charlie tried to come out early? Well, a not so cozy 14 hour hospital stay sure put him in his place, now didn't it. We showed him!

I woke up the other night, not feeling so great. And when I say not feeling so great, I really mean, feeling like I was on the verge of death, and begging Christopher to find some kind of miracle relief. I thought maybe I had just eaten something bad (you know, with all of my crazy food allergies, that's usually the case). After a few minutes, I announce to Christopher... "I think I might be having contractions". 3 minutes later I notice another one. Followed by another. Some more after that. And then another. And then... holy crap, I'm in labor! How did that happen? Christopher made me a 2am bubble bath with my fancy lavender soap, but nope, Charlie wasn't having it. We called and woke up my good friend Kristen, and she came over and swept me off to labor and delivery. Because I didn't exactly go into natural labor with Eleanore, especially 6 weeks early, I half expected the nurses to tell me it was a false alarm, and send me home. Fast forward a few shots, collapsed veins, pretty pills, knock out drugs, and 14 long hours later... mission keep-Charlie-inside was a success! No baby yet. Lets hope he stays in until his scheduled arrival date of December 26th.

-"Love song - Print", by carambatack, $18.00.

11 comments:

Sherry November 23, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

He might have gotten Thanksgiving confused with Christmas, but I'm glad he decided to stay put for now!

Maggie November 23, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Aw..hope you have smooth sailing with Charlie on board until his scheduled arrival.

Anonymous,  November 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

What a lovely read! ... It's funny how babies are pretty much always born, or there is always something going on, in the very early hours of the morning!

Little Dickens Designs November 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Wow! Stay put Charlie! You need to cook a little bit longer, buddy! How exciting to be having a new baby though!

capitolagirl November 23, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

I love hearing stories about babies on the way. My good friend had a baby that arrived on Christmas day in the middle of all the festivities. It was many years ago...but a story I'll tell for the rest of my life. Best of luck to you!

LeaKarts November 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

That's the way to show him, Mama! ;)

Hybrid Hopes November 23, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Is this the time Braxton-Hicks contractions happen? I've forgotten all the ob/gyn stuff I learned. I think they're earlier in the game usually. Happy Baby Shower Day! Package will obviously not be there in time for the shower, but will be there in time for the baby...

Ms. Jessie November 23, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

oh no! baby Charlie stay put!! I am glad that everything is okay. give me a call if you need to. will send things as soon as I can.

UniqueNurseGranny November 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Bless you,hang in.He will come when he is ready..

Art Kitten November 24, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

oh what a night ! glad that it worked out and he stayed put!

Kristen November 25, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

"ouch charlie...CHARLIE THAT HURTS!!!!" (as needles pierces your skin!) haha good times! Well not good times but you definately made me laugh. I think it was the mixture of no sleep and you being hilarious!

We'll have to do it again in 5 WEEKS. and not a minute sooner. STAY IN THERE CHARLIE

Post a Comment