Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

It has to get better sooner or later...

Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm sure a few of you have been taking a peek at my week long blog absence, and were most likely wondering if I was cozied up in the maternity ward with my brand new baby, weren't you? Aw that sounds nice doesn't it...

...Instead of holding my bundle of joy, I've been holding a box of tissues, and soaking my face with hot wash cloths. I've been sick. I didn't know it was possible to pile so much misery on top of so much discomfort. I'm going on day number 4 of the worst sinus pressure that anyone has ever experienced ever. I've been smothering my nostrils in neosporin, and applying peppermint chap stick to my peeled and cracked lips every 5 minutes in hopes of looking like a human being. Its not working. All the Tylenol cold and sinus in the world couldn't make a difference at this point. I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and my body is under attack by some kind of alien super bug. Wish me luck friends, as I'm about to go for round 382 with my face in the vaporizer...

-"A Hard Pill to Swallow", by mandymayl, $7.50.

12 comments:

Anonymous,  December 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Tia-
This is sooo sad! I really hope you feel better soon.

Annie Rose December 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Oh, that is awful! I was hoping for the best, but alas... down with the sickness indeed. Im so sorry! You MUST get better -- now! :)

SleightGirl December 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Oh man! That must be really rough! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Unknown December 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Ugh, how rotten!! So sorry!

Megan December 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Oh now! Feel better, dear!

L.G. December 12, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

blessings and healing to you !!!
and an easy birth soon :)

Unknown December 12, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Aw, sorry! Hope you feel better soon.

oriental banana December 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

aw, sorry to hear that :( hope you feel better soon!

Art Kitten December 12, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

oh god Tia! i am so sorry! I thought for sure you were snuggling a new baby, not a box of tissues! I hope that this ends for you soon, drink lots of warm liquids.

kcroteau December 13, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

Try using a neti pot if you don't already. It usually helps with my sinus pressure! I hope you're feeling better as I type this. <3

Oh Mandie December 13, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Aww, I have to admit, I thought maybe your blogging absence meant maybe you were officially a momma of 2 - I'm sorry to hear that your sick! Feel better!

Sending you lots of love, hugs, and wishes of water breakage!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

aw, i'd hoped you were cuddling your new bundle too! feel better soon!!

Post a Comment