Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Easter part 2.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009


Did everyone have a nice Easter? I was trying to remember what Easter was like for me as a kid, but its all a blur. I don't remember ever coloring eggs, although I know I must have. I remember seeing the box color kits, but I can't put my finger on an actual memory of dipping the- WAIT, one just popped into my head! Something about holding a little wire egg lasso and dunking it into a big bowl of what appears to be green food coloring? Nice. And that wasn't said with a sarcastic tone. It really is a nice memory.



This was Eleanore's first time decorating eggs. The table was full, so I squatted on the floor beside her and showed her some tricks of the trade. No box kit for this Mama. We used brightly colored acrylic paints and sponge brushes. We rolled the previously boiled eggs in painted bubble wrap and tin foil. This was easier for her to do than I thought it would be, and as you can see from the first picture, they turned out great. This held her interest almost as long as making the magical bunny food. Not an easy task, to entertain a 2 year old.


Eleanore wasn't the only one to leave brightly colored fingerprints on the pink plastic tablecloth. It was kind of a small egg decorating party. Our friends Tim and Jessica drove up to join us in mess making and cupcake baking. I'll spare you a picture of the sad looking cupcakes, but I would like to mention that they contained eggs. And look, I'm still alive! Christopher and Tim drove down to "majestic" lake Totten for some man-time (I personally think crafting is extremely manly, by the way) fishing, and came home with a speeding ticket. You know what makes speeding tickets better? Ugly dry cupcakes, that's what.

Happy Easter!

9 comments:

Maggie April 14, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

There has been a commercial lately showing big ugle broken up cupcakes and the kids at the party start chanting for the lady to make them over.

My kid, bless his heart, comments "they should just eat them, they taste the same". God I love that kid! (Can you tell he is the veteran of more than a few ugly baked goods??)

ARTISANNE DESIGN April 14, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Oh what fun!!... and yes, the crafting man can be very attractive :0)

My Inspired Reality April 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

What creativity! Beautiful eggs too:):)

goodkarma April 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

i found the notion of painting easter eggs while wearing an iron maiden t-shirt truly hilarious. crafting IS manly!

Needs Coffee To Live April 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

The eggs came out awesome! We didn't decorate any this year :-( But we did make pictures for the Easter bunny! I'm glad you guys had a good time :-D

p.s. My husband is now complaining that he doesn't have the Iron Maiden t-shirt in the picture....apparently the 12 he has aren't good enough anymore...grrrrr

Hybrid Hopes April 14, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

meh at speeding tickets :/

jessicajane March 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

my memory is so bad that i forgot we ever did this. tim looks like a little boy in that pic, haha.

Post a Comment