Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The Lovely Package Exchange

Sunday, July 26, 2009


Yesterday after receiving my surprise letter from Miss JessicaJaneHandmade, I decided I had to sign up for the "Lovely Package Exchange". I was reluctant at first, overwhelmed by the idea of my being obligated to send something to someone that I've never talked to, hoping that they'll find my attempt at being artistic "lovely". Ugh.

...but really, doesn't it sound like so much fun?

I have to involve myself. I love getting pretty things in my mailbox too much not to. At one point, I played around with the idea of starting a blog called "pretty things in my mailbox", you've probably heard me use that phrase more than once, but came to the conclusion that it would be too much work for me. So here, somebody else has organized the very package exchange that I've been craving. How could I pass this up.

The cutoff date for the sign up appears to be tomorrow, July 27th, so its not too late for you to fill out your type form and start dreaming up ways of how you're going to decorate your mailbox bound treasures. I only signed up to exchange one package, but you can sign up to exchange up to 3. One package will be plenty on my plate, and will allow me to concentrate on making it all that it should be, rather than trying to spread myself too thin and ending up with holes in the perfection that I'll be trying so hard to create. Its asked that you spend $20-30 on putting your lovely package together, with a strong emphasis on effort. Partners will be assigned on July 28th, and your packages need to be sent out by August 14th.


Just spreadin' the word.

I can't wait to see who I'm paired up with. But mostly, I can't wait to see something pretty in my mailbox.

5 comments:

MariaSoleil July 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

I just signed up! I can't wait!

Sayo July 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

I just signed up too!

Alyssa S. July 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Aw, sorry I missed it :( I did a swap once and was really happy with what I got...though I'm not 100% convinced the feeling was mutual (though I did get a "thanks"). It is fun waiting to get something special...but nerve wracking to make something, like you said, someone you never met will hopefully like.

BeckyKay July 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Tia, have you looked at http://swap-bot.com ? I just joined and am seriously addicted... Just sayin' ;)

Post a Comment