Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Congratulations, Christopher!

Sunday, August 23, 2009


Christopher spent a year or more, waking up early and going to bed late, every single night, Saturdays included, studying for his Staff Sergeant test. There was almost always a highlighter in his hand, and on the rare occasion that it wasn't, it was probably in between the couch cushions staining up our leopard print couch cover. Okay, so the stains came out. He would leave his study material laying around everywhere, on the floor, on the kitchen table, which would make it open season for the toddler to tear through, needing my urgent rescue daily. In May, the big testing day finally rolled around. Christopher went down to the designated torture chamber, and took it like a man. He put on his patient pants and waited three loooong months for the results to be posted. Thursday morning when I woke up, I glanced at the clock, it was 7:42. I was supposed to go downstairs and refresh the results page at a thousand clicks per second, just in case I could access the page before he could.

At 8:10, I got a text message simply saying "I made it". I was still upstairs juggling babies and good morning outfits, never having made it to the computer like we had planned.

Congratulations babe! All your hard work payed off. Even though you won't put your real stripes on until next summer (for now hes just a set of sticker stripes, he doesn't get the actual promotion for another year, another reason why the Air Force is awesome), you're still my Staff Sergeant, right now.

...man that was lame, haha.

8 comments:

Corrie August 23, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

awesome news! congrats to christopher on the promotion =)

jessicajane August 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

congrats christopher!

(im not going to lie, i felt awkward when you called him babe..i dont know why, maybe its a jealousy thing, because...you are MY wife.)

please tell me your going to put his rank sticker on your car somewhere......that drives me insane.

Do they do that at Dyess? every other car on base here has their rank right above their base access sticker. (they dont check your i.d. here if you have a sticker so you can drive right through the gate)

lollywood August 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

yaaay congrats to him!!! :)

Lindsay Rose August 24, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

yay, congratulations... The extra money is always nice. You guys are planning on staying in then?

Tia Colleen August 24, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Thanks everyone! We appreciate all of your support :)

And Jessica, I'm sorry, but Christopher says you have to share me. (he SAYS that, but, ya know...)

Yes Lindsay, Chris is trying to cross train right now. Hes in it for the long haul.

Megan August 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I've told you/him congrats before but congrats again!

And I'm glad you cleared up the fact that they were stickers...I was like, "Why do they look so funny? Wait...they're not supposed to be blue." ;)

Post a Comment