Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 17

Friday, November 20, 2009


Did you ever have one of those super fun Polaroid izone sticky film cameras? One time while I was shopping at Fred Meyer (back when we lived in Portland, probably when I was still in high school) I found one on sale (who am I kidding, I would have payed full price if I had to), and it just happened to be Backstreet Boys themed. It came with stickers of their faces to stick on the camera, and BSB lyrics printed on the edges of the film. It was awesome.

I ended up buying sticky film by the truck loads, and taking my izone with me everywhere. Somewhere along the lines, this picture was taken...


Thats not a wig on my head, and Christopher isn't wearing that Santa sweater for a tacky "Christmas sweater party". Thats was how we really dressed. We still have that Christmas sweater, actually. We found it recently while going through a box out in the garage, and you can see a picture of me wearing it on this flashback post. I think since finding it burried with the old clothes, we've donated it to somebody else who can help it get its wears worth (so ignore the comment I made a few sentances ago where I said that we still have it, because as I've just corrected- we don't). We've given it all the love that we have to give.

Side Note: I think when I drove down from Washington to Texas, I must have left a trail of izone sticky film behind me, just in case I ever needed to find my way back home.
----------------------------------------

If you want to play along and post a flashback of your own (which you totally should! blogger, facebook, twitpic, flickr, photobucket- however you want to do it), add your link to the list below. I'd really appreciate it if you'd link back to this post in your entry, that way we can get more people to play the game every week. Can't wait to see your pictures!

14 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations November 20, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

BSB...that is hilarious. Great shot & fantastic story to go along with it. It is so much fun to look back at ourselves with our husbands years ago. =D melanie

April November 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Awww, that's a sweet picture!!

Alyssa S. November 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

You guys are SO made for each other. I love that pic and how neither of you are afraid to be exactly who you are! I adored my iZone...but never got any really cool pics out of it like you did.

Devon November 20, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I had one of those too! I still have it (except it wasn't BSB)... I wish they still made the film... it was so much fun to use!

Giggly November 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Cute pic! My brother in law had one of those camera's, he took a photo of all of us as a family, excluding Max of course, not born yet. I still have it somewhere...

This Little Bird November 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

I wonder where my izone is??? Cute picture too... I think Kevin would have worn a sweater like that if we would have been lucky enough to have one. He did wear kilts and make up to school sometimes to annoy all the jocks. Ahhh.. the silly things you do when your young.

Great flashback.

Maggie November 20, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Your photos always make me smile! Ok, I got inspired to dig out my wedding album and blog about my upcoming 25th anniversary.

Unknown November 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Aw, cute picture, and ROCKIN' sweater!! Haha, that cracks me up.

Crafty Mama November 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Love the hair and glasses! The sweater, not so much, it makes me itchy just looking at it. :)

I wanted an iZone, but never got one.

Megan November 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

I had an izon but mine wasn't BSB themed! It was stupid purple. My mom would only buy the film once in a while, though, because of how expensive it was.

merelythemoon November 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Hello-oh-oh! I just wanted to let you know that I will be emailing you my address later this evening! Hooray!
Also, I love the idea of flashback fridays. So fun.

Lauren November 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

No way! I totally had one of those izones! It might have been grade 2, but I remember taking photos with it & putting them into my journal thing I had for it. So much fun =D.

Fallon November 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Love that photo! and Yes I miss my
izone. We abused it for a month then never again. I wish we would have taken more photos.

iampalegreen November 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

OMG! I had one of those cameras when I was in college! I had lined the entire dashboard of my car with the sticky pics! Ohh...good times!

Post a Comment