Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Baby's First Christmas- size 24m

Thursday, December 24, 2009


Have you ever looked for something that says "Baby's First Christmas" in a size 24 months? It is impossible to find. I looked, and I looked, and I looked. I was "watching" a couple of items over on ebay, but they weren't anything I was willing to pay over $5 for (I'm sure you know how that goes). I searched high and low on Etsy, but we all know etsy isn't cheap, I'm not paying $20 for something that my over sized baby will wear just twice.

While looking through the assorted handmade selections though, I came across a stamp style customizable iron on by maddieclaire, and I knew it would be my only change at having something special for Charlie to wear. So I bought it.

While out and about shopping with my Grammy, who was here for a brief 3 day visit (much more on that later), we looked for a plain white onesie, again, in size 24 months. Have you ever tried to find one of those? Its just as hard to find a boring colorless piece of fabric, as it is finding the "Baby's First Christmas" one. Its like treasure hunting.

Well my Grammy suggested that we try looking at ROSS. I think I've been into the ROSS here maybe once, a few years ago while shopping for Eleanore. I'm not a regular, mostly because I don't usually shop for things other than groceries, but I thought "we're right here, why not, lets pop in and see what we can find".

Well hot dog! Right there, at eye level, were multiple packages of white onesies (exactly what we needed), size 24 months, only $3.50 each.

My Grammy is a genius.

Let the Baby's First Christmas onesie making begin!


I'm no good with and iron, I think I've said this before? I hate the smell, I hate the heat, I hate how I think I'm going to fry a triangle shape into my skin every time I'm around one... I hate ironing. My Grammy however, stepped right up to the plate, more than willing, and made Charlie a onesie.


And while we hit a couple of bumps along the way, things not wanting to stick the way that they should and such, the end result came out looking pretty much perfect.

Now quick, before he gets food on it, take it off of him and hide it in a plastic bubble.

4 comments:

Alyssa S. December 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Hooray for Handy Grammy :) It's funny that you complained about not being able to find a 24 month onzie. Merrick is the same size...only since he's almost two, HATES to be bound by a onzie. Inevitably, whenever I shop at Kohl's or JC Penney and find a really cute t-shirt print, I open it only to find...it's a onzie. Come to think of it, he's pretty much always hated them and I think the last sized onzie I bought for him was a size 6-9 months.

Johanna December 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Awww Merry First Christmas Charlie!!!

Lauren December 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I'm glad it all worked out (and that Grammy was able to help =D). Merry Christmas to all of you!

Lisa@goodknits December 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

LOL! I had the same problem last year with my 27lb 7 month old. i ended up using fabric markers to draw on a plain white 2T tshirt.

Post a Comment