Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Gift Exchange

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I love gift exchanges (as if I haven't made it obvious enough, hee hee). Well another swap that I got involved with this holiday season, was a blogger gift exchange, hosted by Pickles On Pizza. The way that this swap worked, was you were assigned a partner, but they weren't assigned back to you. I was assigned Christina, from Consider The Coffee (I made her a recipe card glitter wall plaque, like the ones I made in that tutorial, remember?), and... wait... who was assigned to me again?

To be honest, with everything that I had going on, I had completely forgot that I should be getting something back! A few days ago I got an email from the gal that was assigned to me, saying that she had gotten overwhelmed with to-do's, which I understand completely, my to do list is 20 miles long, and that she wouldn't be able to send my package until after Christmas. Ok, no problem.

And then yesterday, this comes in the mail...


A beautiful necklace from Christina's shop, my partner, the one I made the plaque for. She said it was from Angela, the host of the entire swap event.

Are you confused too?

Turns out, my partner, the one that had emailed me saying she wouldn't get my gift out until later, had maybe accidentally mailed my gift, the one intended for me, back to the same girl that had sent her a gift. And Angela, the host of all the confusion (if you're following along, I applaud you, because even I've confused myself while trying to organize this into more than just thought), didn't want me to go without a gift.

Well thank you Angela. Your wonderful surprise package made my day.

5 comments:

wysiwyg December 22, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Wowowowow! What a great necklace. Does she have an etsy shop? Or some other kind of shop?

Christina December 23, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

hehe! I love your pictures of things, they always look deep and rich. :) I'm glad you like!

The Girl Made From Color December 23, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Beautiful necklace! And congrats to Angela for keeping such good track of everything to know that you almost missed out. I think next year I'm going to get into a ornament swap. I love doing them, but I don't think the one I make are as good as the ones you've showed. I can't wait until there is a year when I can actually cover my entire tree in ornaments again. Between the cats and the kids. lol.

Lauren December 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

So fun! I love the idea of all these gift exchanges - definitely spread some holiday cheer =D.

Angela December 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

...now I am really confused. :) But I hope you enjoy the necklace!

Post a Comment