Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

My First Video With The New Camera

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yesterday while the kids's chicken nuggets were baking in the oven, I fed Charlie a little bit of applesauce to pass the time and soothe the sounds of his hunger cries. As soon as the oven beeped and I got everything cut up and served, I walked away like I normally would, and let the kids eat in peace. More like, I tried to sneak in some me time, while they fueled their fires.

And then Eleanore starts saying "Mama look at Charlie! Charlie's doing it!".

"Uh huh", I reply, without looking. "Good baby", I say, still reading the screen.

"But Mommy!! He is doing it! YAY Charlie!", she shouts, as they're both clapping and laughing hysterically.

Ok, clapping is nothing to worry about, but laughing = they're being bad (am I right, moms?). I finally pry my face away from the computer screen (but that blog was so good!), look over to the danger zone just left of me, and all of the giggling suddenly makes sense. Charlie, clever little guy, had grabbed the applesauce right off of the table, and was feeding himself like a big boy.

I grabbed my camera, still unsure of how to make a video, snapped picture after picture, and then somehow found myself in cinema mode, and started filming. Even though the beginning is out of focus, and there are pauses throughout, I thought some of y'all might like to see my proud little mister globbing spoonfuls of pureed apple onto his pajamas? I'll get the hang of this video thing sooner or later ...

14 comments:

jonahbonah January 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

that was done with your camera?? must. get. new. camera. (i'm telling myself that!)

he's a cutie!!

melissa

Unknown January 31, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

AWWWW! So cute!! He's so happy!

Ms. Jessie January 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

yeah charlie!!! by the way joey really likes charlie's pictures. he always screams CHARLIE!

soul_searching_mama January 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Awww, that was adorable! :D I love when he kept placing the bowl on the table and then deciding he wanted a little more and bringing it back to his mouth. Heehee. It was also quite funny when he tried to touch the camera and you're like "Uh, no." :D He has a cute little baby laugh too! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and yeah, totally jealous of the camera. :D

This Little Bird January 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

so cute... I love how proud he is of himself :)

MariaSoleil January 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

awesome! so jealous! i have to lug around a video camera and a regular camera and i haven't quite got the hang of doing both at the same time ;)

Sarah January 31, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

I love that kid and I have never even met him!

Fallon February 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

So nice to see the famous Charlie in action! Hes the cutest and such a big boy :)

Alyssa S. February 1, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

YAY Charlie! Now, show him how to make beds and do the laundry :P I love the indecision..."should I put the bowl down? Yes....um...no...maybe...no..." He definitely looked like he was trying to figure out how to lick the bowl.

Hobocamp Crafts February 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

omg adorable! PS love hearing all your voices xo

Giggly February 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Awww, he's so proud of himself! So adorable. I love his little voice. :)

Elizabeth February 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

that was soo funny, his face was priceless! you can tell he loves makin mommy proud! too cute!

Desiree February 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

Too cute! I love watching my daughter feed herself -- it's SO fun!

Hybrid Hopes February 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

nice dodge of the applesauce coated finger.

Post a Comment