Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Week 31

Friday, February 26, 2010


Its Friday already? This week has flown by. Christopher went TDY overnight on Wednesday into Thursday, up at Sheppard Air Force Base (where we both lived for our first Texas summer, and where we welcomed our beautiful Eleanore into the world) for an awards luncheon. He wasn't the one getting award, he was just speaking, but- he did get a free Olive Garden steak out of the whole deal, so, its not as if it were all for nothing, haha.

This weeks optional Flashback Friday theme, is anything black and white. Mostly because I had found this picture last week, and was just dying to post it...


Who's that cute little boy? Oh, its baby Christopher! Well, not a baby, but- gosh he was a cute kid, wasn't he? When I stare at this black and white image of his round baby face, I can see where my kids a lot of their features from. Its true, that our kids look a lot like me when I was a baby, but there are features associated with the face above that are slowly peeking out from behind the Tia.

There wasn't a date written on the back of the picture, just an address and phone number. I'd ask Christopher himself, but hes off at work of course. He had told me about how his mom had played around with photography as a hobby for a little while, and I remember seeing large black and white pictures in her living room of both him and his siblings. Ok the only one I actually remember seeing, was a beautiful picture of his big sister Steph. I remember very clearly hoping that someday I'd have pictures just as perfect to remember my kids younger years by.

Flashback Friday Button


***************************

Now won't you share a picture with us? It can be of anything you'd like, but it might be fun to play along our black and white theme this time around, if you so feel inclined to. You don't need to have a blog, you can post on your facebook, twitpic, myspace, wherever. Just make sure to add your link to the list below, and add our link to your post. You can use our fancy "Flashback Friday" button (which can be found wayyyy down at the bottom of our page, below all of our posts), or you can do it the old fashioned text link style- its up to you. The more players, the merrier! Can't wait to see every ones flashbacks this week!


Next weeks optional theme (seriously guys, don't stress if you can't find the picture that you have in mind, there will always be more themes, and really, you know we'll love whatever you post anyways) is going to be friend related. Any ol' picture of any ol' friend, with a story to go with it. You can be in the picture with your friend, or it can be just of your friend. Happy, sad- we'd love to look into your past if you'd be so kind as to share it with us.

12 comments:

Fallon February 26, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Oh my gosh, How cute! I can see a resemblence for sure :)

Devon February 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

awww... totally cute! i love overalls!!

Christina February 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

That is indeed a cute picture! :) It's fun to compare our baby pictures to how our kids look! When I look at old pics of me and my husband, I think Kavi looks more like him but I also see me in there!

Alyssa S. February 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

That's a great pic! His mom has a real eye. The most amazing thing is he pretty much looks exactly the same now...maybe a little taller :)

Oh Mandie February 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

aww what a lil cutie pie! I see where Charlie gets those chubby, just want to pinch the heck of them, cheeks from.

Rachel Elizabeth February 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

How cute! I always hope that my kids will look like Guy when he was a baby. I was sort of funny looking.

Unknown February 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

What a cutie! I love old pics of Hank too. He was such a fat little fritter that you just want to reach in and pinch his cheeks!

Ms. Jessie February 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

I think he was around 3. Mom would know for sure. That would have been taken at Nana and Papa's house. Mom did take photography in college.

MM March 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Heh, I was wondering why I had a bunch of folks coming from your blog to my little blog.

Is that the picture where Chris's hands were out a bit, right hand looked like it was gripping a handlebar maybe? I think that may be the picture where he was explaining how a motorcycle works. If not, I think maybe this was a close up taken right at that same couple minutes. If you dont' have a copy of that picture, you should get it from our mom. It's one of my favorite pictures of Chris as a kid.

Unknown March 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

This pic was taken in my college days. Chris would be about 2 1/2. We were in the backyard and he was having a great time. He was telling me that motorcycles go "zoom zoom". He had a little three wheeler that looked like a motorcycle. It's in some of the other pictures from that day. Picture was shot with my Olympus on 35mm. I loved this class, but my grade wasn't great because all I ever turned in were pictures of my kids.

Unknown March 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

I took that pic in my college days. Chris was about 2. He was telling me how motorcycles go "zoom, zoom" as he twisted his wrist, as though it were on the throttle.

Post a Comment