Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

High Wasited Baby Sweats

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Its another Friday (well, Thursday night while I'm writing this), and I don't know about your week, but mine has been hectic. For the past couple of days I've been working on un spoiling my 3 1/2 year old daughter, who seems to take a single gram of sugar and turns it into a day long (epic every time) battle between me, and her attitude. So far, our changes have been good. It hasn't been easy. There have been tantrums, bed wettings (oh, yeah thats been real fun), standoffs- the works. But progress takes time, and I'm standing my ground. Little girl will eat her veggies, toys will get put away, and all back talking will send her straight to bed. This Mama means business.

Discipline and war zones aside, we've also had a really fun week. Inflatable pools, long walks in the double stroller, making new friends at the toddler park, running away from and chasing giant Texas sized spiders (ok so maybe that one doesn't fall under the fun category). This Mama also loves to love her babies.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great week, and I hope that you have an even better weekend. Now onto this weeks flashback...


A picture of me as a baby (I bet I threw a tantrum or two), heeeeeeeeee. I'm not sure how old I am in the picture, maybe around 20 months? Does that sound right? Maybe a little older?

...check out those pants.

I'm pretty sure this picture was taken in my Grams and Papa's back yard. I don't recognize it, but I just don't think it could have been taken anywhere else.

Does anybody else see the insane resemblance between me and little Charlie?

This picture is still new to me, since I just got it in the mail a few months ago, along with a handful of other pictures from my baby days. Every time I go through the bag, its like I'm looking at them for the first time all over again.

********************************
Do you have an old picture that you can pull out of the bag and share with us? A baby picture, a picture of your baby, a cat, a dog, a house ... anything near and dear to your heart? Post it on your blog, write a little ditty to go along with, add our link (we have a button down at the bottom of the page, or you can simply text link us), and then come and add the link to your entry (or facebook post, or twitpic, or however you decided to play along) to the list below.


21 comments:

TexasBobbi April 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

I am loving those pants, I no longer have access to a scanner but when I get it again I will post the picture of me in a hot pink unitard with bright pink hot pink hair.

Kelly Irene April 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

sooooo cute! I love am loving the belly pants!

Brandy L April 22, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Wahoo! I am the first to add my link. :D
I am luvin' your flash back! So cute.

Alyssa S. April 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Seriously, Charlie and you couldn't look more alike, well except maybe for the hair. I don't know what it is about baby pants that attract the need to hike them up like that. I can't even count the times I've given either kid the "grandpa" pants look. Maybe someday they will forgive me :)

beka April 22, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Oh, wow. That's cute;)
He does look a ton like you!
You're both of them....combined...harhar. That's pretty obvious, but I had to say it.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama April 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Oh, you are so cute! Especially with the crazy pants! I love it!
It's so fun looking back at photos to see how alike we look to our baby's when we were babe's.

-chelsey

Chana@ Mamma Town April 22, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Oh! So cute! I love this!

And is it sad that I still wear my pants like that when I'm really bloated....like tonight?

soul_searching_mama April 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

ADORABLE!!!! (Even with the pants!) :)

Brandi April 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

ok, WOW. those are some high-waisted pants!

(totally cute though, hehe)

Melissa April 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

OMG I love this picture!!! LOL it is so awesome to see how our parents dressed us back in the day.. thanks for sharing :-)

MouseandPlay April 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM  

AHHHHHH I can't stand the cuteness!!! Seriously!!!!! I just want to pick you up and hug you!! Yes!! That is charlie with a wig!!!! :D

Loddelina April 23, 2010 at 4:02 AM  

Lovely photo! You have the same haircut as on FF header picture...

CourtneyKeb April 23, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

You do look like Charlie, or I guess he would look like you did, huh.
I even see a lot of you in your little girl especially after seeing this one.

I walked into my MILs house yesterday and picked up a picture of what I thought was my daughter on her table, and it was actually my husband as a baby.

Have a good weekend Tia!

Devon April 23, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

hehehe... makes you wonder if someone pulled your pants up that high on purpose to be silly! :)

They call me mommy... April 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Soo cute! & yes Charlie lokks just like his momma!! LOL I have a pair of sweat pants for Johnnie that I always pull up JUST LIKE THAT! LOL poor kid, good thing he loves me so much!

Adrienne April 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I thought that was Ellies baby picture at first, although I should have known you wouldn't have pulled her pants up so high. You were a little doll! Both of your babies look a lot like you, especially the hair!

Rogue Wild April 23, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

so cute! you can totally see little Charlie in that pic!

years ago my mom gave me a bunch of pics of me when I was little, but I can't find them =o( guess I'll keep looking so I can start playing along =o) Enjoy your weekend!

Oh Mandie April 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Hey, those belly pants are back in style now! Maybe you were just ahead of your time?

jen April 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

ah you were a chunky monkey! i want to squeeze you hard :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations April 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

Love the pants! Charlie definitely looks alot like you.

Unknown April 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

What a cutie! And the resemblance is remarkable! ;0)

Post a Comment