Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Bean's Room

Monday, July 26, 2010

It took everything that I had in me, today, to come out of hiding. I've spent most of my day either laying in bed, or laying on the couch- both of which have become my own personal drool pads. I went to bed last night with a scratchy throat, and within 2 or 3 hours, it felt like I was swallowing razorblades. I've been licking tylenol like ice cream, and even called my doctor to beg for a z-pak (because I know that no matter where I go- walk in clinic, ER, base hospital- thats all they'd be able to give me), but because I didn't have a fever (4 tylenol at a time had better rid me of that, at the least), they wouldn't prescribe it to me.

So here I sit, both babies in bed (Christopher tucked them in and read them stories while he was home on his lunch/dinner break- God Bless that beautiful man), a half a box of tissue (it was full this morning, but, my nose decided to join in on the party) beside me, I'm about to go for round 3 of 4 of four more tylenol to numb the face exploding pain, and... ok I seriously just forgot what I was going to type.

Long story short- ...blah.
Blah about sums it up.

Even thought I feel like I've been hit by a pollen truck, or maybe bitten by a strep throat snake- I have to show y'all what we've been up to.

Christopher took leave most of last week, so that he could help me dig into my nest. Everywhere I look, all I see is dirt. I've been complaining nearly non stop about all of the things that make me want to get down on my hands and knees and start scrubbing. I've been going on and on about everything that needs to get organized- I've been driving everyone, including myself, crazy. Well finally Christopher took a few days off from banging around on airplanes and their parts, to come home and help me move heavy furniture from one side of the house to the other.

One of the things that we finally accomplished, was putting together Bean's room.

Well, Beans corner, in our room.

None of my kids have ever had a "nursery". I'd like to look back on memories of painting bedroom walls pretty shades of blues and pinks, but the reality of being a military family is- we've moved 5 times since Eleanore was born, a nursery has never been in the cards for us. When we got pregnant with Evelyn, we were given the opportunity to move yet again, into a house down the street, a 4 bedroom, but... really, I'm sick of moving. So instead of moving all of our belongings into a house with an extra bedroom, we just moved all of Bean's things, into our bedroom. We'll gladly share our space with her. This is our home. We don't want to leave it just yet.



When Bean isn't sleeping in our bed with us (I have such a hard time putting the babies down in the early days), she'll be sleeping in her Brother's old Pooh Bear bassinet, over by the window, under the beautifully handmade (by my good friend April) sign that simply reads, "Bean".



We'll change her on this changing table, the same one that both of her siblings used. And when we have pictures of her being held by all of her loved ones, we'll pin them up on her cherry print photo board (made by her Aunt Jessie).



All of her things are neatly stacked on the shelves below the pink fabric covered changing pad.



A basket full of teeny tiny newborn sized diapers.



A diaper that fits in the palm of my hand. Its hard to believe that Evelyn will be so small.



A basket full of pants. Pinks, stripes, polka dots. Pants that Eleanore wore, pants that Charlie wore, pants that have never been worn.



Hats, baby legs, socks, and little footies. That hat on top there, was sent to us by a friend all the way from Norway. The socks and booties belonged to Charlie. The leggings were $3 each on Etsy, I had to buy two pairs. And just today, in the mail came a box from a friend in Louisiana with more socks, lots and lots of socks- that we'll soon be adding to the basket.



Blankets to wrap her in. Some handmade, some gifted. All warm and comfortable.



I pushed all of my clothes in the closet to the side, just like I did when Charlie moved in, and we hung up all of Bean's dresses, onesies, and sleepers. Most handed down from Big Sister Eleanore, some sent to us from friends and family, some found at garage sales. All just waiting to be worn.

What should Miss Evelyn wear home from the hospital?



Maybe this? What do you think?


So. There you have it. The grand tour of Bean's little corner.

Only 14 days (until our scheduled c-section), and counting.

I get more and more anxious by the day.

23 comments:

Kitty July 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

aw, how adorable!

i'm sorry you're miserable though, that's gotta suck. (understatement of the century, i know.)

the purple would be awesome for evelyn to wear home. :D

Unknown July 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I dont know if youve ever had a c section before but you need to get yourself one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Post-Delivery-Girdle-Belt-Maternity/dp/B0002UCERU

Helps hold in your belly so it doesnt pull the incision. That was the worst source of pain for me in the first week.

Anonymous,  July 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Oh how I wish I could come snuggle Evelyn once she gets here. <3

CraftGirlAlli July 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

How exciting! I remember those last 2 weeks being the longest weeks ever.

considerthelillies July 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

that sure is a beautiful corner for your little angel! I pray that all goes well with you and Evelyn!

Lacey July 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

14 days?! Holy crap!!! That's exciting! I can't wait to "meet" her.

Maggie July 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

I'm sick too...but I am not pregnant, so I will still offer you a "poor Tia" and hope you feel better soon. My younger son was to be born by C-section on Dec. 22, but he had a mind of his own even then and decided to be born on the 18th. Maybe Evelyn will choose her own day too.

Mrs. Mommy July 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Just around the corner, but the longest two weeks ever if I remember correctly. :0)

When I was nesting I actually ended up cleaning the top of the stove so vigorously that I cleaned the paint off of parts of it. :0) I think hubby thought I was going nuts.

Allison July 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

What a nice corner for her! Only 14 days... I know you're excited.

And I really hope this allergy/throat ache/drool/blah thing goes away by the morning. That sounds like it sucks.

Brandi July 26, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

aww, thanks for sharing bean's corner! i think the purple outfit would be an excellent coming-home outfit :)

hope you feel better soon!

soul_searching_mama July 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Adorable! I love it! :) I can't wait for Evelyn to make her appearance - I love her already!!

beka July 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

So sorry you're feeling really under the weather... (um, that's probably a BiG understatement)
But.
Bean's corner is SO sweet. And it looks like you got some lovely stuff done....and I almost teared up seeing it all. Golly, it's been nearly a decade since we've had a baby in the house. *sniff, sniff*

I. Cannot. Believe. It's. 2. Weeks.

Feel better soon!!

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

Oh my... I think I want to have a baby again. Hehehe. Loved this post because there is so much love behind it all. I can just feel it. A couple months ago I found 1 of those newborn diapers stuck behind some stuff in M's closet. I couldn't believe how tiny it was. Hard to believe.
I can't believe it's two weeks away. Don't forget to get that Lush bath in before. ;)

Devon July 27, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

hooray for little bean!!!

i hope you're feeling better soon! not fun!!

Kunklebaby July 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Awww-getting so close! We always have the baby in our bedroom too. I'm also guilty of the all night hold! :D

Love the little bean art-so fun & perfect!

Abby Bean July 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

I'm a fellow Bean & I approve the beany artwork!

Christina July 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

That is so sweet! All the girly stuff. :) We got sent a sample newborn diaper recently, I don't know why since Kavi is 2, but it looked sooo tiny. I really couldn't believe that Kavi actually wore that size diaper when he was born.

I'm sorry you are feeling so sick! :(

April July 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Sorry you're feeling icky. That's no fun, especially while preggo!

Thanks for showing off my bean stitching! I've been trying to come up with something else to stitch since bean has a name now!! I'm thinking kitties for some reason!

Giggly July 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

OMG, you're almost there! I mean, she's almost here!! Wheeee!!!

Awwwww!!!

XOXOX

Michelle July 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

I love the framed bean picture! Too cute...

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

Wow, I can't believe it's so close. I think that purple outfit is perfect. And, the bean art is SO cute. I've been trying to get Ruari's room done. It is not really happening. :)

Anonymous,  July 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

this post actually brought tears to my eyes. i really miss the days when they are tiny..and want nothing but held 24/7. i cant wait till your little one arrives.

Post a Comment