Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday- Christopher And His Siblings

Thursday, August 19, 2010


Its been one heck of a week. Anybody else feel the same? Is it really Friday already? Yes. It is. And now that I think about it, I guess it does feel like Friday, it just, also feels like Sunday. And Monday. And maybe Wednesday? I seriously need a nap. Oh and a mocha, too!

Anyways-

Eleanore got a birthday card in the mail on Tuesday, from her Great Aunt Marlaina. Inside that card, was a vintage picture of Christopher with all four of his siblings.

Oh. So cute.

So I thought and then quickly said out loud "honey you should do this weeks flashback", not giving him the option to say no. He was more than happy to do it though, as he always is when I ask him to take the reins, so, I shant make you wait any longer (yeah, you read that right, I just used the word shant, which might not even be a word at all- now go back and re read with a medieval british accent... its been a long day)...



The back of this picture says "April 1987". That means I'm just under three years old (that's me on the top right). And unlike Tia (because this is Christopher writing now) I can't remember every single moment of my life back to conception, so I have no memory of when/where this picture was taken, at all.

My earliest memories are a few hazy shreds from preschool... something about riding bikes down slides, nap time in the gym with mats, the school name painted on the wall ("Der Kinder Garden"). My little brother Josh would have been about 18 months then... right around Charlie's current age. Now he lives in Portland and plays in a band. My sister Jessie (on the lower left) would have been around 7 and Steph would have been about 9. This is funny because in my memories Jessie is always bigger than Steph... she had a growth spurt about 13 and ended up towering over almost everyone. Jessie now has 2 wonderful sons, Mikey and Joey. And Steph is a big-shot charge nurse at a hospital in Oregon and just got married last year. When I think of my brothers and sisters growing up, I never thought we would end up where we are today. It reminds me of something my brother said, when he came by to visit a few years ago...

"We all have to forge our own path".


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below.


17 comments:

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Its weird how fast we all grow up...start our own lives..have kids..get married..that whole thing! Makes me very fortunate for having grown up in the life style that I did. Great picture!! Have a great weekend!!

Danielle @ We Have It All August 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Whoa! I was totally confused for a minute, haha. I read, "That's me on the top right), and I scrolled back up... and back down & read again... and back up - and finally realized that this wasn't Tia writing today, haha!!

Happy FF!! Have a great weekend :)

Fallon August 19, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Funny stuff. Both of you =)

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Love looking at your family and hearing what they are doing now. Someday your children will enjoy looking at the pictures you are taking now.
@lonestarlifer

TexasBobbi August 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Wow, I guessed which one was Chris right off the bat. Charlie looks just like his Daddy.

Mommy Elephant Sarah August 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

I really see Charlie in that picture. Fun flashback, I always like seeing what everyone looked like as a kid. :)

MM August 20, 2010 at 1:54 AM  

I typed out a nifty response that got eaten when my internet died. But, yeah, basically, I didn't envision our paths being quite what they've become. But I think despite choices I/we didn't expect, I think we're all happy where we are. For a group of siblings that have been through a lot together and separately (and I hate the separately), I think we're overall remarkably well adjusted.

MM August 20, 2010 at 1:54 AM  

p.s. "We all have to forge our own path"
josh is brilliant. or at least smarter than you look, chris :D

Alyssa S. August 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

WOW, Christopher, you really haven't changed a bit. I could have picked you out a mile away. Don't worry, my MIL gave us a scrapbook of my hubby back to when he was born and he can't remember much about any of the pictures except for those from high school :) GREAT flashback.

Anika August 20, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

How true...and more often than not it seems like those paths we forge are unlike any path we thought we would be on. Great post!

Oh Mandie August 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

aww lil Christoper and his brother and sisters are such cuties! I get so emotional looking at old pics of my 3 brothers and I, so I can just imagine all of the great memories this picture brought back for you. And just think, your three babies will have those same memories when they look back on their own family pictures :)

Renee August 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

Great flashback!! It's amazing how you look exactly the same Christopher (and I mean that in the nicest way, I only wish I aged that gracefully!!)

Charmaine Poulin August 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

LOL! Great photo! I just linked up for the first time & became your newest follower! Happy Friday!

mrs zombie August 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Okay, that floral head band has done me in. Great flashback!

The Doll August 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Charlie looks a lot like Christopher in that picture. It's darling.

krissilugbill August 20, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

what a cool flashback...your hub is setting a cool example and I am gonna have to encourage mine to share one of these days! how fun

BeckyKay August 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Nicely done, Christopher!

Post a Comment