Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Baby Zebra

Friday, October 29, 2010


I know I said that I was maybe going to re design Flashback Friday, to look all hip and now or whatever, but- yeah I watched 3 episodes of Greys Anatomy instead. So we'll just leave it at "coming soon", shall we?

I wanted to share a picture of myself, wearing an old Halloween costume, but I don't have any (not a single one). I do remember my first Halloween trick or treating, though. I dressed up as a devil. I think my Grams took me down to my cousins school, to trick or treat at his school with him (this was before I was in kindergarten, so I must have been 4 years old?), and I remember dressing up again the next day, and going door to door in her neighborhood. Well, I don't remember all of the doors that I went to- but I remember the very first door that I ever knocked on, and very vividly. I was terrified.

When Eleanore was freshly 1, we lived in apartments. It was pointless to go trick or treating (she didn't eat candy), but we still got her a costume. We didn't have any particular character or theme in mind, so we just grabbed something off of the rack. It sounds kind of lame when I put it that way, but in the end it didn't matter, she was happy, and so were we.

And doesn't she look so cute?



I let her stomp around out on the balcony dressed up as a Zebra. She wore the costume around the apartment for a bit too, but with the still in the 80's temperatures in Texas, warm costumes (which are hard to avoid when shopping for little ones) don't stay on very long.

I think I still have this costume locked up in the Halloween bin out in the garage? Maybe next year we'll live somewhere cold, and Evelyn will be able to wear it.

Maybe.


********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!

And if you've got a minute, maybe go poke around some of the other flashbacks posted, and leave a comment on another blog or two?


11 comments:

R Montalban October 29, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

that is a cute picture and I know that costume well as I bought a whole bunch of them from Gap a few years before and had such a hoot dressing up my wee lovely in them. Thanks for making me smile at your cutie and reminding me of the memories I had too with my wee one when he wore his! ;-)

Kari October 29, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

We did the same thing with Nathaniel's first costume. He ended up being a VERY cute lion. This year his grandparents bought his costume... he's going to be a tiger. LOL

Amy Nielson October 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

she does look SO cute :)
parker is way too young to want anything to do with any of this, but of course he's dressing up. and of course it'll be cute. that's why we have kids in the first place, right?

CourtneyKeb October 29, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

That sure is a cute little chubby cheeked baby zebra!

Amanda October 29, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Cute costume! My family has a lion costume that all four siblings wore at one point or another, and it's one of my favorites! I'm sure you can keep passing the zebra down!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama October 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

She so cute!

Move to Oregon. Ok, thanks! Bye!

Alyssa S. October 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

AW, look at her! Our first Halloween was a blustery one in Boston. Even with her fleecy Tigger costume, we had to budle poor Amelia up. Then there was Merrick's first, here in TX. I think it might have been in the 70's, but we were all sweating by the end of it.

Jesslyn Amber October 30, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

Oh! She is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love this picture.

Post a Comment