Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: Pumpkin Pie From Scratch Tutorial

Thursday, October 21, 2010


First things first. I'm thinking about creating a new button/banner for Flashback Friday. Don't be surprised if it looks a little bit different next week? I figured a heads up would be appropriate.

Secondly- I just did 70 minutes of yoga, and I don't think I could scan a picture if my life depended on it (my arms feel like soggy waffles, if you can imagine that). So, for today's flashback, I'm just going to dip into a post from last year (I obviously had wayyy more time on my hands back then, based on the awesome picture tutorial), and hopefully nudge some of you in the direction of maybe baking a pumpkin pie from scratch, this year? That is, if you don't already...



You can find the recipe for the vegan gingerbread pumpkin pie pictured above, over at the original post (ya know, the one that I'm flashing back to... I'm such a cheater today). Click here , for that. Too bad I can't have ginger anymore. Fructose malabsorption strikes again.



********************************
Flashback with us! Go through your polaroids, scrapbooks, old crappy cell phone pictures- whatever you've got. Scan them, upload them, get them onto the computer somehow, and then share them with the world! Or... with us at least. Post them onto your blogs, write a little bit to go with them- tell us your story. When you're all finished, grab one of our buttons from down below (wayyyy down there at the bottom of our page) and put it somewhere inside your post (or link back to us the old fashioned text way). Come back here to this post, and add your link to the photo list below!

And if you've got a minute, maybe go poke around some of the other flashbacks posted, and leave a comment on another blog or two?


16 comments:

Anonymous,  October 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

I might try this one...looks easy and yummy!

Krystle October 22, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Oh my.... I don't think I make anything from scratch. I really just don't bake.

Mind you, we don't eat very much processed foods, but I probably make way too much stirfry and spaghetti.

But Now you have me all thinking about making a pie from scratch. I don't know about that. I'll probably waffle back and forth and never get around to it. I wish it was the ""thought" that counts when making pie :-)

Mommy Elephant Sarah October 22, 2010 at 2:39 AM  

Wow! Has it really been over a year since I started reading your blog? I can't believe it. I remember this post, and it was not one of the first that I read. Wow.

Lauren October 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

70 minutes of yoga?!! I hate to be cliche but the only phrase that really does this justice is "You go, girl!"

Anonymous,  October 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

My first from-scratch attempt at pumpkin pie didn't go very well. Even though that was in my first year of marriage, I've been afraid to try again. Since you posted this though, I might have to dive in and try, try again! Thanks :)

Oh Mandie October 22, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

I remember reading this last year when you posted it! I also remember having the best intentions of trying to do it myself and failing miserably. Perhaps this year will be the year that I actually do it.

I love reading about all of the things that you cook. Because of your allergies and having to make so much from scratch that most normal people take for granted I can really see each and every ounce of love you put into everything that you make. It's humblling and beautiful :)

CourtneyKeb October 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

I've roasted a lot of pumpkin in my day, but I never-once thought to do a rub on it like that.
That's brilliant, Tia.
Thanks!!!!

Dana Rae October 22, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Oh Yummmm! I so want pumpkin pie now!!!

Wilvis October 22, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Oh man, 70 minutes of yoga?! I'm exhausted just thinking of it!! Go you!

Unknown October 22, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

haha, that Wilvis comment was really me. I forgot that Will was signed in to Google :D

jessicajane October 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

i thought of you when i looked at the baking pumpkins in the store yesterday. i think i might try that this year.

jill October 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

oh my goodness, this looks delish! and you always make these recipes look super easy!

Mrs. Mommy October 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Hello! I gave you an award on my blog. Come over and pick it up when you have the chance!

http://lettersarrangedintowords.blogspot.com/2010/10/look-whooos-blogging-award.html

Nicole October 22, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

70 minutes of yoga! Sounds like a dream come true! I've been "saving money" so have not been going to yoga in the last few weeks.... Sad... But the classes are usually 75-90 minutes, so I understand the wobbly arms.

Iris Flavia October 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Well, bye-bye "German" banner, then, you always made me feel home, kinda! ;-)

Jennifer October 23, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

You may have just inspired me to actually try this!

Post a Comment